[Sca-cooks] Drinking laws

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Fri Nov 19 04:27:32 PST 2004

"Laura C. Minnick" wrote:

> > > I like it! Can we have a mandatory sobriety and IQ
> > > test before becoming parents?
> >
> >I dono ... can we require a sobriety test of underage
> > people?
>
> I don't see why not. Are you any more or less drunk
> because of when your birthday is?

Sometimes ... on the day of ... <g>

As to requiring a test ... the prerequisite for that would
be that many people admit the problem exists.  Not forgetting
that too many people believe in effect and cause ... i.e.
thinking about a problem causes it.  ... and we think we have
advanced since the Little Renaissance of the 1200's.

Extra credit reading assignment ...

Gimpel, Jean; "Medieval Machine: the Industrial Revolution
of the Middle Ages"; Hardcover; Publisher: Barnes & Noble
(2003); ISBN: 0760735832
Or ... Paperback: 274 pages; Publisher: Holt, Rinehart and
Winston; 1st ed edition (1976); ISBN: 0030146364

I have in mind ch. 8: "Reason, Mathematics and Science"
(Abelard, Bernard of Chartres, Thierry of Chartres,
Roger Bacon, his mentor Robert Grosssetete);
and ch. 9: The End of an Era".

> (BTW, I got carded the other day- it shocked me, but it
> was just annoying, not flattering. The checker was plain
> rude about it, especially when my mouth fell open and I
> could barely stammer out 'but I turn 40 next week!')

That would be like the police officer who (after many
questions) made one last request that I recite the alphabet
... beginning with "Z" ...

It was late, I had been tired (but was now wide awake, and
well-focused to the task at hand).  I thought of asking,

	"Is it true that they print the alphabet on the
	back of the Miranda card?  Should I wait until
	you get it out."

It's a good thing (TM) that I saved that idea for times
like this.  ... Oh yeah -- the officer wasn't pleased when
I did what he asked.

> > > (Mind you, many of us wouldn't be here...)
> >
> >Any estimates of where we would be instead?
>
> In Ohio. Under a pile of uncounted provisional ballots.

ROTFLMAOWTIME

> 'Lainie

> The penalty good men pay for not being interested in
> politics is to be governed by men worse than themselves.
>   -- Plato

Of my ... in fact Ouch!

--
Martin G. Diehl

http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
  inspired by P. K. Dick