[Sca-cooks] Overdocumentation

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Nov 19 12:02:51 PST 2004

> Y'see, I don't get that "discussion in persona" part.  I do this to
> research and recreate,
> not rollplay.  If someone asks me where I found documentation for
> something, I'm
> going to tell him, I am not going to pantomime my way or act my way
> through telling
> them what they want to know.  I find that to be altogether frustrating in fact.

*shrug* It's certainly possible to explain one's documentation in
persona in many cases, by simply stating your sources. I more or less
did this with my Poliudie menu, and I'll be doing it when I write the
'period treatise' for the Laurel Prize in March (because it's absolutely
period to reference the authorities!)

"I got this recipe from a Spanish chap called de Nola"...

But then, I'm Polish, and all Polish people of significance in period
spoke Latin. Obviously you must be speaking Latin too.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"The toad beneath the harrow knows/exactly where each tooth-point goes,
The butterfly upon the road/Preaches contentment to that toad."
			- Rudyard Kipling