[Sca-cooks] help, comments, reassurance, constructive criticism

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Fri Nov 19 09:26:51 PST 2004

>Help.
>I'm putting in the bid for the June Landsknecht feast tonight.
>I know I should be confident but as it's a competitive bid and this will
>be my second time bidding for a feast in my home shire (the first time,
>I lost out to The Gratuitous Tomato Feast cooked by a friend of the
>Autocrat...) and I'm bidding against the Hereditary Uber-Feastcrat.
>I'm trying to make this a feast that is 'good plain food' but plays to
>my strengths. Comments and suggestions are welcome, I've already heard
>'too much food' but since I'm going for the abs. minimum amounts of each
>(say 4oz of the meats at most, and less of the beef) I don't think
>people will explode. (My budget is $600 for 128 people...) The event is
>in June. The Dessert board items will be in smaller quantities.

Looks very good. On the "too much food", our
usual rule is 8 oz per person boneless meat
before cooking, less if you have a lot of other
substantial protein dishes such as cheese pies. I
see you have the compost recipe following the
menu; where is that going into the feast?

Also, what do you call compost on a menu? Call it
compost and get the inevitable jokes or honest
startled reactions? Compote?

Elizabeth/Betty Cook