[Sca-cooks] help, comments, reassurance, constructive criticism

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Nov 19 12:17:57 PST 2004

> >I'm putting in the bid for the June Landsknecht feast tonight.
>
> Looks very good.

Thank you very much!

>On the "too much food", our
> usual rule is 8 oz per person boneless meat
> before cooking, less if you have a lot of other
> substantial protein dishes such as cheese pies.

*nod* I'll have about 4 oz chicken, 1.5 oz fish, 2 oz beef and 4 oz
pork-- so a bit more than y'all but we have lots of heavy meat eaters.
:)

> see you have the compost recipe following the
> menu; where is that going into the feast?
> Also, what do you call compost on a menu? Call it
> compost and get the inevitable jokes or honest
> startled reactions? Compote?

That's the pear chutney in the starters. I figured it would work ok
there, or fail, and if it failed, it would have faded to the backs of
people's minds by the end of the feast.