[Sca-cooks] Vinegat (was: German Harvest Feast Outlands Nov 04

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 15:19:28 PST 2004

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:37:16 -0800, David Friedman
<ddfr at daviddfriedman.com> wrote:
> Gwen Cat wrote:
>
> (description of what looked like avery good feast snipped)
>
> >I webbed the menu, recipes, notes and thank yous at:
> >
> >http://clem.mscd.edu/%7Egrasse/GK_ASnCrown04feast.htm
> >
> >Comments appreciated!
>
> You comment discussing the pork and onion recipe that balsamic
> vinegar isn't period. This suprises me; if so, when did it come in?
> Anyone know?
>
> Elizabeth/Betty Cook

Dunno from actual source documentaion, but the balsalmico
sites from Italy claim the 10th century or so.

http://www.harvestfields.netfirms.com/herbs/Vin/01.htm

This is an interesting site that he claims he has documentation
for the 11th Century.  But it was mostly an 'in Modena" thing
that was kept local.

Real nice site with some cool vinegar stuff - recipes, etc.

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson