[Sca-cooks] Vinegat (was: German Harvest Feast Outlands Nov 04

aeduin aeduin at verizon.net
Fri Nov 19 15:36:22 PST 2004

If you look at the very bottom of the page it says, "In 1861 Mr.
Aggazzotti, a lawyer, introduced a revolutionary production technique that
used concentrated grape must as the raw material instead of wine vinegar.
This is the method that has been used ever since to produce traditional
balsamic vinegars."  Which to me indicates that the balsamic vinegar that
we know and use today is not what was around back then.  This thought is
backed up by this statement, "Further documentary proof confirms Modena as
the birthplace of balsamic vinegar, whose method of preparation did not
undergo any significant changes for many centuries."

So, using one article as documentation you can infer that Balsamic vinegar
is period but that what we get today may be similar in taste but we will
probably never know.

aeduin