[Sca-cooks] idiots

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Nov 19 21:56:54 PST 2004

Vincenzo commented:
> At Metalsmith Symposium I, October 2002, Saturday afternoon
> while doing prep for the feast, I saw someone taking not
> one, but two 80 quart stock pots (the kind that would mke
> a cannibal jealous) out to her car.
>
> As head cook, I was more than a little curious about this.
> I found out that she had been asked to bring them for the
> use of the dayboard cook -- since nothing had been said
> about the evening feast she was going to tke them away!
> -- without even asking if I could use them -- didn't
> understand why I was ... 'surprised' --- even when I asked,
> she wasn't going to leave them for me to use.
Were those her own pots? If so, then I can certainly think of various
reasons.
I once loaned over $500 worth of stuff (sword, custom sword scabbard,
dagger and scabbard and dress helmet) to my barony for a demo. And lost
all of it. Apparently the person who had the stuff brought it to a
fighter practice, dropped it off and didn't check to see that the
equipment got back to its proper owners. I now am very particular about
who I loan anything to for an SCA event.

It could well be that this lady simply didn't know you. And she might
have had to leave the event before the feast or the cleanup was done,
so she couldn't stick around to make sure the pots got returned to her.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com