[Sca-cooks] Overdocumentation

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 20 06:05:55 PST 2004

--- Bronwynmgn at aol.com wrote:

> And from a philosophical standpoint, I think that competitions are one of the
> least authentic things we can do in the SCA, while at the same time promoting
> the mindset of "You only need to make it period if you are entering it in a
> competition".

Hmmnn..  I was just thinking about this the other day.  In my case, the requirement that an item
be solidly period for competition has actually influenced my 'day to day' SCA life, as well, and I
now find myself looking a little more disdainfully at those glaringly non-period things in my
encampment, and trying to 'correct' them.

Quite the opposite mindset, it would seem, and hopefully not an anomoly.

William de Grandfort

=====
Every heart to love will come... but like a refugee.