[Sca-cooks] Re: period recipes for holiday gifts

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sat Nov 20 08:42:26 PST 2004

You betcha!
How about mustards or Elizabethan wash balls (okay, so those aren't
edible, but it still takes a recipe!) I mostly "do" mustards for gifties
for royalty to give out, but they're quite popular.  I put the stuff
into little 4 oz. jelly jars and water bath 'em to seal them.
Or Cider Sauce (I'm actually making that one for local friends this
year).  This might be a little more problematic to mail out.
Or spice blends! Hippocras powder, or Powder Forte, or Powder Douce.
Or maybe a basket with enough of the right kind of goodies in it to make
a small "feast" for 2 or 4 (like those ethnic baskets one often sees
this time of year).
--maire