[Sca-cooks] Pressure cooking

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 20 11:14:37 PST 2004

--- Bill Fisher <liamfisher at gmail.com> wrote:

> I other words, add any more mass to that area
> and it
> vanishes into another universe.
>
> Oh, and his toys are better than your pressure
> cooker ;-)
>
> Cadoc

Gee, Cadoc, if it weren't for the fact that I
agree with your statement, I would be offended.
:-)

I understand the "if I add one more gadget to
the house it will explode" syndrome".  I am in
the process of opening up the pressure valve
and weeding through stuff that hasn't been weeded
through in 57 years.  It is a very slow process.
I have to look at the gadget and say to myself:
Has this been used in the past 10 years?
If it has, it goes into one pile.  If it hasn't,
it goes into another.

For the stuff that has been used, I then decide
if it is likely to be used again soon or not.
If it is, it goes back into the kitchen.  If it
isn't, it goes into a storage box of like items
and into the storage room well marked and well
packed.

For the stuff that hasn't been used in the last
ten years, I have to weigh how likely it is that
it will be used in the next 10 years, what
quality it is, whether it is an heirloom and how
easy it would be to replace when the inevitable
happens, i.e. the week after I throw it away, I
discover a need for it.

If it is something I may use again, is a good
quality item, was my grandmothers, or is
something that is no longer being made and would
be difficult or expensive to replace, then the
item gets put in storage, carefully packed and
marked.

If the answer is "no" to most of the questions,
then it gets tossed or given to a charity thrift
store.  But when in doubt, then the item gets put
in storage, carefully packed and marked.

Or so the theory goes.  I just started a couple
of weeks ago, and I hope that my storage room
doesn't fall victim to the "if I add one more
gadget to the room it will explode" syndrome".

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.