[Sca-cooks] disposal of retired kitchen helpers ( OT ) ( was pressure )

R J chaingangorg at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 20 11:41:20 PST 2004

--- Huette von Ahrens <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I understand the "if I add one more gadget to
> the house it will explode" syndrome".  I am in
> the process of opening up the pressure valve
> and weeding through stuff that hasn't been weeded
> through in 57 years.

 ***Warning, OFF TOPIC!***

 Might I suggest your local yahoo "freecycle" group,
for helping offload excess that smothers?

 I recently joined my local group, and not only have
cleared room previously full of things I "might" use,
I also managed to score *just* the right firebox
cement for my smithy ( the fellow almost tossed it,
but posted the offer on a whim ) and managed to
reconnect with an old friend through the group.

 The concept is to pass on things you no longer need,
with no fee or barter permitted. In return, you are
exposed to the lists of items others are trying to get
rid of, some of which may fit a need you have.
 Not every item will find a home, but anything which
would have made it into the dump and doesnt is a
success.

 Some items also have many takers, allowing you to
select the person whos reply hits the most pleasant
note with you. Unfortunately this also means you wont
always be the recipient of all offers that interest
you.

 Hope this helps someone on the list, its a pretty
cool thing,

 AEsa/RJ

=====
Thanks,
    RJ

(This signature in no way implies any agreement, legal, binding, or otherwise. It is strictly a courtesy, not a contract.)