[Sca-cooks] Re: Pumpkins

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 20 11:55:39 PST 2004

Thanks.  I have been these both in seed (Burpee) & at Vons here in California.

Samrah

"Rikke D. Giles" <rgiles at centurytel.net> wrote:
Try 'Cinderella' or 'Rouge d'Etampes' which are different names for the
same variety. These make wonderful pies, and grow in a squat bulbous
shape, just like the pictures of Cinderella's Coach. The walls are
extremely thick, in a well grown pumpkin, up to 3 or even 3.5 inches
thick in some cases, so you get a LOT of pumpkin pulp. Because the
walls are so thick, they aren't good for carving, but excellent for
eating.

My partner and I grow these every year, along with several other
varieties, including one with 'naked' seeds for quick pumpkin seed
roasting.

Aelianora de Wintringham
Barony of Dragon's Laire
Kingdom of AnTir