[Sca-cooks] Indian?

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Sat Nov 20 17:22:01 PST 2004

Was written:
> Considering the number of technical jobs being shipped overseas at
> higher and higher rates, perhaps Chinese, Russian or Indian would be a
> better language to learn...

Indian?  There are quite a number of languages and dialects spoken on the
Indian subcontinent. Considering where the outsourcing usually goes, Delhi
or Bombay IIRC, Hindi perhaps but most likely a rather Indian, that is to
say colonial, English.  They actually teach those that are involved with out
sourcing credit card related stuff  to the US  "America Enlish" to obscure
where they are calling from.  Oddly enough I think that they still may speak
Portuguese in Goa.

Daniel