[Sca-cooks] 12th Night

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 20 19:51:43 PST 2004

Terry Decker wrote:

>Gunthar is correct, 12th Night is often a miserable event, oft held in
>locations which are a nightmare for the cook.  Pulling off a middling decent
>feast (even a modern one) at 12th Night can require some serious food
>service skills.  Knowing that Gunthar will be running the kitchen improves
>the odds that the feast will be edible.
>
>I don't know if I will be able to attend, but if I do rest assured, I'll
>ship the list a critique as my two cents.
>
>Bear

Yeah, they're doing it to the cooks this year in Atlantia...the poor
people are having to cook in a tent...now understand..we're talking
northern Virginia in early January.  Could be ok...sometimes it gets all
the way to 65 or 70 degrees on occasion at that time of the year.  Or it
could be 10 degrees...it's just not a good time to be chancing something
like this!  And I believe they're going to be cooking for a fairly large
number...Twelfth Night events held in the northern part of the Kingdom
generally tend to be quite large.  Talk about a nightmare!!!

Kiri