[Sca-cooks] naming things on menus

Martin G. Diehl mdiehl at nac.net
Sat Nov 20 21:18:03 PST 2004

UlfR wrote:

> Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>
> [2004.11.20] wrote:
> > though. ie: compost (compote). Of course, you will
> > still have folks,
>
> My menus will usually say things like
>
> =================
> Capouns in councy (Forme of Cury, no. 24)
>   Chicken, eggs, bread(crumbs), stock, powdour fort
> (spice mix), saffron.
> =================
> (naturally using bigger, bolder fonts rather than indenting)
>
> I'm still trying to decide what to write if I ever serve
> "longe de buf"; do I write tounge, or just "beef"?

The great sage Carlin spoke (aprox) thusly,

    "Tounge is a funny meat: you taste it, it tastes you."

Perhaps convey Carlin's wisdom, but rendered in Latin.

> Ethics is a curse...
>
> UlfR
>
> --
> UlfR Ketilson         ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
> The Hawaiian-Welsh Exchange:
> Getting vowels and consonants to those in need.

Oh my! What a visual!

Will that also address the dearth of surnames in Wales?

--
Martin G. Diehl

http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MGD

Reality: That which remains after you stop thinking about it.
  inspired by P. K. Dick