[Sca-cooks] idiots

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sat Nov 20 21:38:27 PST 2004

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> BTW, I think that we are talking about more than one root
> cause of lost items.
>
> In one of these, the owner makes a loan to "A" who then
> loans the item to "B".  "A" knows the owner, but fails to
> convey that information and burden to "B".  IOW, a scenario
> where the item is not actually lost, but instead, can't be
> returned because the ownership is 'lost'.
>
> Understanding the 'loss' process might lead to effective
> proactive countermeasures.
>
> Vincenzo

OTOH, by that token, I'd happily loan anything I have to Ostrgardr or
Northpass, but so help me, I'd question trying to ever give them anything
again ;-)

A while back, I cooked a feast for Northpass, which, Ostrgardr, as their
barony-equivalent, fully supported, causing Great Quantities  of Stuph,
Spices, Pots-n-pans, etc, to arrive from Ostrgardr supplies, personal
supplies, and Northpass supplies. As Head Cook, I tracked it all, including
sorting out the stuff that the site provided, and making sure everything
was, at least, AIMED at their original owners.

I also had a knife set, that we (my Household) bought, and intended to
donate to Northpass, just because they're Kewl People.

I sent Brekke's spices back to Brekke, mentioning that they were Brekke's
spices- they went with the rest of Ostrgardr's stuff, since that was the
easiest way to get them back to Brekke. They reappeared at the next event
because they didn't belong to Ostrgardr (btw, I'm deliberately mispelling
Ostrgardr because they use too many "r"s and Other odd letters, so I figure
I'll add a few more ;-). Sent them back, again saying, these are Brekke's-
give them to her. Reappeared again. Finally, after multiple emails, got (I
think) Brekke's spices back to Brekke. Brekke? Did you finally get them?

And the knives. Told the Northpass crew that they were a gift- in fact,
deliberately told numerous Northpass people that they were a gift to
Northpass- including their Seneschal, the event Autocrat, and their
Exchequer- got them back again this September at Barleycorn. Think I
convinced them that the knives are theirs- but won't be surprised if I get
to give them back again ;-)

The point being, that Northpass and Ostrgardr are groups that Really Go The
Extra Mile, trying to make sure stuff gets back to their owners- and that's
exactly why, for all I'll tease them a bit, that I will unconditionally loan
anything I've got to them if they might need it.

Saint Phlip,
CoD

 Blacksmith's credo.

cat.