[Sca-cooks] Period politicking

UlfR ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Sun Nov 21 08:34:15 PST 2004

Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> [2004.11.21] wrote:
> --maire/sue, trying to catch up on emails before she goes off to have
> swedish pancakes for breakfast....mmmm......

Do you eat them with some sort of preserve (homemade raspberry or
cloudberry are my favorites, but bilberry is _quite_ ok as well) or with
cinnamon (which I prefer)?

I just got dinner -- misc stew -- started on the woodstove (need to
check it after this is sent off, probably need another stick or two),
and had blackpudding for lunch (with lingonberries, of course). Rice
porridge[1] for breakfast.

UlfR

[1] Boil 1 c shortgrain rice (since the stuff sold for porridge here
works for sushi I suspect you can substitute the other way as well) in 2
cups of water until the water has been absorbed (recipie claims 1.2 t
salt, I tend to ignore this). Add 4 cups of whole milk (or a tad less to
start) and simmer *gently* for 45-60 minutes, stirring every now and
then, until rice is soft and milk is absorbed. Add a couple of sticks of
cinnamon in the beginning for extra flavour, serve with more cinnamon
and milk. Serves 6 nominal midgets on Atkins, 3-4 real persons.

UlfR Ketilson                               ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Polyamory: Same Issues, Jumbo Variety Pack Distribution -- Heather Anne Nicoll