[Sca-cooks] Re: RenFaire reactions.

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sun Nov 21 11:19:34 PST 2004

In a message dated 11/21/2004 1:45:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ruthf at uidaho.edu writes:

<<I've had some reeeeaaaallly weird conversations with patrons at Renaissance
Faires. >>

My favorite one (which is even semi-on-topic as it involves food) was the
woman I encountered standing in front of the food booths and looking very
disgruntled.  I asked if I could be of assistance and she said, in a very disgusted
voice, "Don't they serve any normal food here????"  I couldn't answer her.
Since she was standing right in front of a booth that sold barbecued chicken,
sauteed mushrooms, and fish and chips, and there was a place that served fruit
salad a couple of doors down, and other places that served everything from pizza
to hamburgers to nachos to chinese food to baked potatos, I couldn't figure
out what she would possibly consider "normal" food if it wasn't already
covered...

Brangwayna