[Sca-cooks] Re: RenFaire reactions.

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Sun Nov 21 11:29:04 PST 2004

Used to do RenFaires myself.  I quickly discovered that if they don't stop
they generally won't come in but will walk on by.  If they stop they might
come in.  So I developed a few ploys to stop people or at least slow them
down...  sometimes things got odd.

Lady walking with a fellow past the shop.

"Hello how have you been?" I say to her.

"Just fine," she responds "and yourself?"

"Just grand" I respond "Tis a nice day".

They never stopped walking but as they walk past the next booth I heard her
fellow say "Who was that guy?"

She responded "I haven't a clue."

He responds in a louder rather annoyed voice, "No... really... I want to
know who that fellow is!"

I listened to Mr. Jealous harangue her as they proceeded out of ear shot.

Another time I kneeled down in from of a baby pram and said "lovely child...
is it yours" to the fellow pushing the carriage.

Lady pipes up behind him in a huff, "Of course it is!"

Her two friends behind her then break up behind thier hands.

Daniel