[Sca-cooks] plum pudding

Mary Morman mem at rialto.org
Sun Nov 21 13:37:47 PST 2004

gentle friends,
i am cooking a 12th night feast with an Elizabethan theme and intend to
serve a flaming plum pudding to high table.  i realize that this is not
precisely in period, and will be sure to tell people that, but i'm going
to do it anyway.  can someone help me with EXACTLY how out of period it
will be?  i'm remembering Laura Mason's talk at the Leeds Conference on
Food two years ago, and thinking that I'm "prevericating" by probably
less than a hundred years.
elaina

One must wait until evening to see how splendid the day has been.