[Sca-cooks] 12th Night

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 21 17:53:46 PST 2004

kattratt wrote:

> Well Hell that makes me feel pretty damn good about this weekend... we
> cooked on a covered porch not in the tent, but we did use the field
> kitchen.  I think however that next time I will do things a bit
> differently....
> Hrmmm makes me wonder if I should go to 12th night just to donate a
> dessert.   Ugh I don't want to think about it right now....
> Nichola
> And Yes there will be a report coming soon,  maybe tonight...doubt it
> but maybe....

I believe that they do plan to cook part of it ahead of time, but it
still has all of the earmarks of pending disaster.  It's one thing to
cook a modest-sized feast for a normal, local event...or even something
like a Crown Tourney...under these conditions.  But it's quite another
to cook a major event like Twelfth Night like this.  In the past, the
feast has been done to feed as many as 400...and it's usually a feast
that features fancy dishes.  So trying to do this in a tent in early
January will be quite difficult.  We're keeping an open mind at this
point, but are considering going off board.

Kiri