[Sca-cooks] 12th Night

Terri Morgan nothingbutadame at inthe.sca.org
Sun Nov 28 13:21:16 PST 2004

> Yeah, they're doing it to the cooks this year in Atlantia...
>the poor people are having to cook in a tent...now understand..
> we're talking northern Virginia in early January.  Could be
> ok...sometimes it gets all the way to 65 or 70 degrees on
> occasion at that time of the year.  Or it could be 10 degrees...
> it's just not a good time to be chancing something like this!
>  And I believe they're going to be cooking for a fairly large
> number...Twelfth Night events held in the northern part of the
> Kingdom generally tend to be quite large.  Talk about a nightmare!!!
>
> Kiri

Thanks, Kiri!
   I was just getting ready to get off the computer and get started on
sending out reservations (I queue them with my bills and send a cheque off
every two weeks. It helps avoid that last minute thang.)
   Knowing the cooking conditions and the (traditional) number of diners at
Atlantia's 12th night, I'm telling my family that we're eating elsewhere...
that arrangement is insane! (Well, unkind, discourteous, over-the-top. I
think I read a lecture to baronial members just a little while ago about
their expectations vs their space planning for the cooks.)

Hrothny