[Sca-cooks] 12th Night

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 21 18:05:53 PST 2004

KristiWhyKelly at aol.com wrote:

>Hey! Give us a chance!  It's going to be in a commercial kitchen just  5 feet
>outside the building!  No need to bad mouth us yet!
>
>Grace
>
>In a message dated 11/21/2004 8:54:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>ekoogler1 at comcast.net writes:
>
>I  believe that they do plan to cook part of it ahead of time, but it
>still  has all of the earmarks of pending disaster.  It's one thing to
>cook  a modest-sized feast for a normal, local event...or even something
>like a  Crown Tourney...under these conditions.  But it's quite another
>to  cook a major event like Twelfth Night like this.  In the past, the
>feast has been done to feed as many as 400...and it's usually a feast
>that features fancy dishes.  So trying to do this in a tent in early
>January will be quite difficult.  We're keeping an open mind at this
>point, but are considering going off board.
>
>Kiri

You misunderstand me.  I'm not "badmouthing" you...I have the greatest
of respect for you and your co-cook.  I just worry about the
facilities...you may be working with a commercial kitchen, but it will
still be in a tent...and that, to me, is scarey!  I admire you for your
willingness to cook under these conditions.

Kiri