[Sca-cooks] plum pudding

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Nov 21 18:42:49 PST 2004

Flaming desserts were a big thing in the 1880's.  I haven't found earlier
references.  High proof alcohol became widely available in the 16th Century,
so the practice might be Elizabethean.  If I needed to speculate, it sounds
like something that the House of Hanover might have done (18th Century at
the earliest would be my bet).

Bear