[Sca-cooks] Re plum pudding

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon Nov 22 05:23:00 PST 2004

>> allilyn at juno.com writes:
>> <<  What other sorts of puddings would use any kind of wheat? >>
>>
>> Plum pudding which is Elizabethan in origin and Mrs. Tashis' Little
>> Puddings from the Receipt Book of Mrs. Ann Blencowe 1694.  These are a
>> cross between a custard and a leavened bread and most resemble brioche.
>>
>> Bear
>
> Bear, any further comments now that it is six years later?
>
> Stefan

I never got around to following up on this and I may not for several more
years.  My current projects are a paper on simnels and other festive cakes
as a presentation for the next symposium I attend, a critical review of
1421, The Year China Discovered America, and another revision of a paper on
potatoes for a class I teach in the SCA.  I've also been asked to talk to
the Medieval Club of a science and technology charter school after the first
of the year, so I'll probably be preparing at least one presentation for
them.

Bear