[Sca-cooks] Recipe help- OOP

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 22 07:38:09 PST 2004

> >However, in the interests of fairness, I'm going to post the recipe, and see
> >if those of you familiar with this kind of dog-n-pony show might tell me
> >what might be wrong, from Margali's expectations. The only difference I made
> >from the recipe was that we only have Jasmine rice- might that be a
> >difference that makes a difference?
>
> That could make a huge difference, and almost certainly made at least
> some difference.

Jasmine rice is stickier, and cooks in less time than Basmati rice. You would need to soak Jasmine
rice even longer than Basmati. That could account for some of the problems with the crust.  Also,
Jasmine and Basmati rice have two distinctly different flavors, so substituting Jasmine for
Basmati is not going to give you an authentic reproduction of the recipe to begin with.

All in all, it seems that the recipe you were trying to follow was unweildy to begin with, and
certainly more trouble than it is worth.

William de Grandfort

=====
Every heart to love will come... but like a refugee.