[Sca-cooks] Favorite lamb stew recipes for a crockpot?

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 22 10:16:52 PST 2004

--- Chris Stanifer <jugglethis at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Chuck it all in a crock pot, and let it go
> until the lamb is tender (about 3 - 4 hours on
> low heat).

I beg to disagree.  If you used the low setting
on a crock pot, cooking your dish of lamb will
take 6-8 hourse.  If you use the _high_ setting,
then it will take 3-4 hours.  Have you made this
dish in an actual crock pot?  Or are you adapting
a recipe that you make on your stove?  The
crock pot temps are very much different from
what you would get with an actual fire under
a pot.

Huette

Huette

=====