[Sca-cooks] Maybe It Is Rocket Science: Bread

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 22 17:38:29 PST 2004

Thanks ever so much everybody!  That's exactly what I was looking for.  If we are only talking flavor, I may try 1/2 oil & 1/2 real butter.  While it makes sense to me that solidish fats would resolidify in the system, generally I figure I am always ahead healthwise if I can use the least processed product possible (regardless of what the current press release is from the health professionals ;o)

Samrah

Terry Decker <t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

Substituting oil for the margarine is likely to change the flavor. You
might try 50/50 margarine and yougurt or butter-flavored Crisco (as terrible
as that sounds, it does work).

Bear