[Sca-cooks] Maybe It Is Rocket Science: Bread

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Thu Nov 25 08:52:51 PST 2004

Crisco is no more heart friendly than margarine.  I'd use oil,
probably olive oil,.... or maybe half oil, half butter. Or reduce the
amount of fats.  You can probably replace whole milk with nonfat milk
too. You will probably just have to try it, to see what is acceptable
to you.

On the whole, I wouldn't worry too much about the amount of margarine
in a slice of bread.  A few years ago butter and eggs were bad and
margarine was good, now margarine is bad.  Personally, I've always
used butter, just not much of it.  My folks visited us a few years
ago and made a fuss about having the right, heart friendly
margarine.. and used four times as much margarine than I used butter.

Ranvaig