[Sca-cooks] Oh, help help!!! Firefox v. IE

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 22 18:28:54 PST 2004

Anne wrote:

>Sorry again for being off-topic ... but dinner will NOT get done in my
>house until this gets resolved, so it's sorta related.  :)
>
>I have installed Firefox, after getting the Blue Screen of Death on my
>first attempt and rebooting  ... and now the 'puter is running  v  e
>r  y  slowly ... is this conflicting with IE?  Do I need to dump IE,
>totally delete it?  I have a less than current version of IE right
>now, since I had to reformat the hard drive this weekend (kids!) ...
>so I'm not sure if there's something else I need to do, or if this is
>just a program-conflict.  I also don't seem to be able to change
>color/sizing options ... they just aren't available, or it's *frozen*
>....  :\
>
>Anne
>(in near panic!!!)

I use Firefox...but I have no idea what could be causing your problem.
I have IE on my computer as well...unfortunately, it comes with
Windows.  And I know that didn't cause a problem on my machine...but
then I'm running Windows XP, so there may be differences between the
version I have and what you have.  I just checked with my sweetie and he
doesn't know either.  You can't really dump IE because other programs
use it.  I dunno....you might want to contact the folks at Mozilla,
where you got the download and see if they can help.

Kiri