[Sca-cooks] Favorite lamb stew recipes for a crockpot?

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Tue Nov 23 03:57:08 PST 2004

Huette scripsit:

> I beg to disagree.  If you used the low setting
> on a crock pot, cooking your dish of lamb will
> take 6-8 hourse.  If you use the _high_ setting,
> then it will take 3-4 hours

In my experience, the timing depends on the cut of meat, the amount of meat
and liquid, the amount and type of other ingredients, whether or not you
brown the meat first, and even the brand of crock pot. The first time I make
any recipe, I allow at least an extra hour between the estimated finish time
and serving time, just in case, since crock pot dishes tend to keep well in
the pot. But I have had stuff finish hours earlier than estimated as well.

Cynara