[Sca-cooks] Maybe It Is Rocket Science: Bread

Micheal dmreid at hfx.eastlink.ca
Tue Nov 23 05:21:47 PST 2004

Samrah wrote: we needed good bread or pyroskis (Russian deep fried meat &
egg pies, probably spelled wrong)!

 You wouldn't`t mean Pirozhki`s by chance would you?
  Deep fried Russian meat pies.
 Now would you happen to know the period of them. My Russian book is modern
and doesn`t include such interesting tidbits of information as dates on
recipes.
 My book :
  The Art Of Russian Cuisine
 Author Anne Volokh with Mavius Manus
 Which was given to me by a friend for Christmas one year. Good book but I
would not count on it being period. But like all ethnic cook books some of
the recipes could be.
 Da