[Sca-cooks] edible gold leaf

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 23 08:51:32 PST 2004

--- rtanhil <rtanhil at fast.net> wrote:

> Other websites you might check are
>
> http://www.pearlpaint.com/
>
> General art supplies--follow the sidebar link to "Gold leaf"
> and then open the "German gold leaf" item. Edible gold leaf
> is listed for $28.35/book.
>
> http://www.misterart.com/store/view/003/group_id/8235/SEPP-Monarch-23-Karat-Edible-Gold-Leaf.htm
>
> Price for edible leaf is better--$21.46. My sister reports
> that delivery time is slower (she said it took a WHOLE
> WEEK).
>
> Both of these places use Sepp leaf, labeled "Monarch", so
> I'm willing to bet that buying it straight from Sepp is
> likely to be comparable. Find the place that doesn't gouge
> you on shipping and has a timetable you can work with.
>
> Berelinde

I haven't used gold leaf for anything in quite some time, but the last time I bought it the book
was rouglhy $30, and had 8 squares in it, so it doesn't look like the price has gone up that much
in the last several years.  I used it for brushing on detail work for a Pastillage 'Faberge Egg',
which came out absolutley amazing..... and I hope I never have to make another one as long as I
live.

William de Grandfort

=====
Every heart to love will come... but like a refugee.