Cholesterol- was- Re: [Sca-cooks] Margerine was:Maybe It Is RocketScience: Bread

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Tue Nov 23 17:54:09 PST 2004

> Yeah, Canada has a food law where you can't make margarine look like
butter.
> Margarine comes in all kinds of odd colors
> there....including clear,
> >which remarkably resembles vaseline.

The law was changed quite a while ago. We now have creamy yellow (the more
expensive) margarine and a version of acid yellow for the cheaper stuff. As
to the vaseline type margarine, being a Canadian, I can say that I have
never come across such an animal. Either in the retail or wholesale stores.
Being a "butter" person myself this just peaks my Ew Meter.

As for the purple Ketchup Faerisa. Ditto.

Micaylah