[Sca-cooks] Pirozhki`s (was Maybe It Is Rocket Science: Bread)

Micheal dmreid at hfx.eastlink.ca
Tue Nov 23 18:52:51 PST 2004

I have recipes for 8 or 9 different Pirozhki
 1Calf`s liver
 1calf`s Brian
 1 Rice and egg
 1 Meat
 1 Cabbage
 1 Meat with short pastry
 1 Fish and Rice with short pastry
 1 deep fried meat
 1 deep fried cabbage
 1 deep fried potato
 Pick one I send it to you privately.
 The differences between Pirozhki and  Piroghi . Are size and final method
of service.
 Of course I have seen both done like the other and both work. I have even
seen using egg roll sheets bought from a store for the outer casing, and
that works as well.
 Are they period no way of myself finding out at present. But the book does
talk about tenth and eleventh century contact with Byzantine and later
Mongols and Tartars from the east who brought with them filled dumpling as a
dish that was adobted.  So maybe they are any Byzantine, Mongols, or Tartars
out there with cook books.
 Da