[Sca-cooks] Question

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Tue Nov 23 19:08:53 PST 2004

Codex K, in the Royal Library of Copenhagen, contains an herbal, a lapidary,
and a collection of recipes in Danish, circa 1300. Codex Q, also in the same
library, contains another version of the recipe collection and is probably
14th century but later than K. Both of these are transcribed and translated
in _Libellus de arte coquinaria_ by Grewe and Hieatt, which I mentioned in a

Now both of these are translations of an original that was *not* in Danish,
so I don't know if you would count them as Danish or not. But they are
definitely earlier than 17th century.

Cynara