[Sca-cooks] Question

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 23 22:31:37 PST 2004

Be aware that although the book may be in Danish, and other northern
European languages, the food in it appears to be from southern Europe.
So it may be a Danish cookbook and may or may not have had much use in
that area, but it doesn't contain Danish dishes.

For more details on this, see this file:
Harpstrang-cb-msg (34K) 10/19/99    The Harpestraeng cookbook. The
oldest
                                        cookbook in the Western world.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BOOKS/Harpstrang-cb-msg.html

Stefan

> Oops, that is the first printed Danish cookbook, but it is also the
> earliest I know of to be written in Danish.
>
> Bear
>
> > 14th Century?  Kogebog, which is supposed to be the earliest Danish
> > cookbook is very early 17th Century.  Just what are you working on?
> >
> > Bear
> >
> >>  Other wise who knows anything about Danish cooking as I am
> redacting a
> >> danish cook book 14th century. I may need some help in translations
> >> as I
> >> don`t speak Danish. I am not overly confident that my present
> >> translation is completely correct.
> >> Da
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas