[Sca-cooks] Pirozhki`s (was Maybe It Is Rocket Science: Bread)

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 23 11:28:07 PST 2004

Unfortunately my best girlfriend (at the time, nope she wasn't Russian) taught me the recipe 23 years ago:  yeast bread dough filled with browned hamburger, hardboiled eggs, salt & pepper, dill, deep fried.  Started in the SCA 19 years ago so no docs.  Looks to have period ingredients ;o(

Samrah

Micheal <dmreid at hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote:
Samrah wrote: we needed good bread or pyroskis (Russian deep fried meat &
egg pies, probably spelled wrong)!

You wouldn't`t mean Pirozhki`s by chance would you?
Deep fried Russian meat pies.
Now would you happen to know the period of them. My Russian book is modern
and doesn`t include such interesting tidbits of information as dates on
recipes.
My book :
The Art Of Russian Cuisine
Author Anne Volokh with Mavius Manus
Which was given to me by a friend for Christmas one year. Good book but I
would not count on it being period. But like all ethnic cook books some of
the recipes could be.
Da