[Sca-cooks] Period Gifts in Jars

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 10:14:06 PST 2004

--- Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1 at comcast.net> wrote:

> What a great idea...got my sweetie and I talking right away!  I've not
> ever done it, but I can think of a couple of ideas.  The /alaju /recipe
> I sent out several days back might work...a container with the toasted
> nuts and seasonings and a companion small jar of honey...maybe even
> coupled with a pan to make them in.  Wow...all kinds of possibilities!
>
> Kiri

How about Hypocras ingredients, accompanied by a bottle of wine and directions?

Sekanjabin Syrup (shudder)

Almond Milk (the busy medieval cook will appreciate having a pre-made supply on hand the next time
a recipe calls for it)

A period Mustard (such as that from Le Menagier de Paris)

Nucato (Spiced Honey Nut Crunch)

Anyway, just some suggestions...

William de Grandfort

=====
Every heart to love will come... but like a refugee.