[Sca-cooks] Why...chocolate yogurt AND other yogurt thoughts

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed Nov 24 13:05:14 PST 2004

Also sprach Phlip:
>Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...
>
><Lots about flavored yogurt>
>
>Jeeze guys, don't any of you like it as just plain yogurt? I mean, I'm
>saving up points on one of my survey outfits to get an ice cream maker which
>also does frozen yogurt ,which I also intend to make, but I'll be making
>frozen yogurt because I like yogurt, not because I'm trying to disguise it
>with every other flavor in the pantheon (although I'll definitely be trying
>the idea I got from Iron Chef for the curry ice cream as a yogurt as well.)

You're reminding me of my all-time favorite eggplant recipe, one of
those recipes for people that don't like eggplant...

You slice the eggplant in 1/2-inch slices (somewhat thinner for those
big black Italian eggplants), salt lightly and press under a weight
(lay them out on a towel, cover with another towel, place a cookie
sheet and some heavy cans on top for an hour or two.

Take an 18-ounce Porterhouse steak, grill to medium rare, and make a
batch of Sauce Foyot, which is Bearnaise with a little glace de viand
melted in. Eat steak with the sauce until you're too full to worry
about the eggplant.

Adamantius (well, it _is_ my favorite... I have second, third and
fourth favorites, too)

brioche!" / "If there's no bread, you have to say, eat brioche."
Rousseau, "Confessions", pub 1782

Holt, 07/29/04