[Sca-cooks] Period gifts in jars

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Nov 25 05:54:56 PST 2004

Also sprach Bill Fisher:
>On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 23:41:33 -0600, Stefan li Rous
><stefanlirous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
>>  Yep, I have to join the others here and say I'm not fond of most beers.
>>  Too much malt or too bitter or whatever. I prefer sweeter brews like
>>  meads, ciders, wines and cordials.  I also find most whiskeys and
>>  Scotches and such too strong tasting as well.
>
>Mmmm.....beer...mmmm..whiskey....mmmm....scotch
>
>Scotch makes a real interesting meat marinade, so does whiskey.

Since we're Homering here,

"Mmmmmm... roast crabs with whisky butter..."

Which could, I suppose, be roast crabapples with a whisky-flavored
hard sauce, but that's not what Homer meant in this case.

Adamantius

brioche!" / "If they have no bread, you have to say, let them eat
brioche."
Rousseau, "Confessions", pub 1782

Holt, 07/29/04