[Sca-cooks] Fruitcake Stories was Cuskynoles

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Thu Nov 25 06:25:41 PST 2004

The strangest fruit cake story I've ever heard was from my Department
Chairman back when I was an undergrad.  It seemed that he and his college
room mate Ed would get stuff forwarded to them from gifts sent to his
brother.  One such item was a large fruit cake.  They cut into it and found
that there was a cylindrical hole cut through it from one side to the other.
Sort as if someone had cored it from side to side.  It made them wonder who
had done it and why as his brother Tricky Dick was Eisenhower's VP.  They
figured it was probably the Secret Service sampling for poison and gave the
fruitcake to some frat boys.

Daniel