[Sca-cooks] HAPPY THANKSGIVING

kingstaste at mindspring.com kingstaste at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 25 07:45:17 PST 2004

Behalf Of Joanne Clyde
Subject: [Sca-cooks] HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Happy Thanksgiving to the Americans!

On behalf of the Americans, thank you!
	I wasn't going to "me too", but since I'm here - I am very thankful for
this list, there are discussions here that I could not have with any other
group (well, I could have them, but they wouldn't understand...).  Having a
place to hang out with cooks is a wonderful thing, and I try never to
underestimate it's value, even when the discussion turns to Twinkies and
Harry Potter.
	I am working my way through other things to be thankful for today.  I am
having a bit of a hard time because I am a single person for the first time
in 22 years, having been left by my partner of the last 12 years last month.
(Yup, Santa walked out on Mrs. Claus, and we're still working the Christmas
season together  :(
	So, I'm thankful for friends both near and far, thankful for my restored
health that I've worked so hard this year to attain, and am trying to be
thankful for the opportunity to go on with my life in a variety of new
directions.  I am thankful for the jobs I have, teaching Culinary basics to
High School students going on to Culinary college and Mad Science to
elementary school kids.

	OFC: (every Cook's List message should have some - Obligatory Food Content
for you newcomers - but today especially)
I cooked my Duck a l'Orange on Monday - it was delicious.  Side dishes
included a blend of wild, wehani and brown rices with fresh cranberries and
dried blueberries and maple-roasted pumpkin.
Today I'm going over to my apprentige's house to feast with her family, and
have been given the task of making the green salad "Just like you did last
year" (I can't remember what I did last year, but I have salad greens,
herbs, olives and veggies, so I'll wing it and hope it is to everyone's
liking).
	May everyone's day of thanks be peaceful and harmonious (I know how family
gatherings can be, but I send my best wishes for things to be as happy as
they can be), and may your tables groan with the weight of wonderful foods.
Indulge yourselves in a post-turkey nap - the triptophan is making you
sleepy, give into it!
	Here's to many days of creative uses for leftovers, and for those of you
foolish enough to hit the shopping areas, good luck!
	Christianna