[Sca-cooks] Beer was: Period gifts in jars

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 10:05:51 PST 2004

--- Elaine Koogler <ekoogler1 at comcast.net> wrote:

> I don't care for beer /per se,/ but I do like lambics, which are a sort
> of beer,

YES!!  Belgian Sour Beer!  Wonderful stuff!!  And, smells like all hell when brewed in the home!
Never again.

Lindeman's makes a fantastic Peach lambic (they also make raspberry, strawberry, and banana),
which is tart, sweet, bubbly like Champagne, and has a great fresh peach flavor.  I use it quite a
bit at parties when making fizzy sorbet drinks.

Doc's Home Brew Shop down in Long Beach (???) has a fantastic Blueberry Lambic from time to time,
but my favorite of theirs is the plain Lambic (no fruit flavor).  It's clean, tart-sweet, and
malty.  Wonderful.

William de Grandfort

=====
Every heart to love will come... but like a refugee.