[Sca-cooks] Period gifts in jars

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 12:10:47 PST 2004

--- Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:

> --maire, who still wonders if her co-worker Steve will ever forgive her
> for being in Dublin and NOT going to the Guinness factory (heh, I had to
> choose--Guinness? or Jamesons'--and the latter won.  Cool tour! Did
> y'all know that they used to use gunpowder to test the proof? ;o)

Gunpowder?  Please, tell me more.  I'm intrigued.

And, since we are telling stories about breweries and Distilleries:

Did you know that if you get really drunk on Guinness, and call the Guinness Brewery at 2 a.m.
Pacific Time to find out how that widget in the bottle works, they won't be open??  But, if you
call back a few hours later, still drunk and curious, the sweet sounding girl on the other end of
the line will actually tell you, and then giggle at you.

I really wish, now, that I could remember what she said...

William de Grandfort

=====
Every heart to love will come... but like a refugee.