[Sca-cooks] Period gifts in jars

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Nov 25 08:23:25 PST 2004

I'd rather use the scotch to clean out my Volvo engine, thank you!
But a good beer, now, or a good whiskey? mmmmmmm.....
I don't personally care to consume vast or even moderately vast
quantities of any beer, but I've found, with the proliferation of all
the microbreweries we have around the NW, that there are some I actively
like. I don't care for alcoholic beverages that are excessively hoppy,
or peaty (hence the scotch reference ;o), and for all that I have a
pretty good sweet tooth, I actually prefer drier white wines and ciders
and meads.
--maire, who still wonders if her co-worker Steve will ever forgive her
for being in Dublin and NOT going to the Guinness factory (heh, I had to
choose--Guinness? or Jamesons'--and the latter won.  Cool tour! Did
y'all know that they used to use gunpowder to test the proof? ;o)