[Sca-cooks] HAPPY THANKSGIVING (Cran Relish)

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 23:23:06 PST 2004

My own Cranberry Relish is always a hit, so I'll pass the 'recipe' on for those who want to try
it.  Keep in mind that I do not use measurements when making this, but I'll try to recall
proportions as I go:

2 cans whole Cranberry Sauce (commercial, or make your own)
1 Pint fresh Cranberries
1/2 Large Onion, minced
1/4 Cup Orange Juice
1 Cup Apple Cider
Pinch each of ground Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Allspice
1/4 tsp Carraway seed
1 Tbs butter

Heat butter and sweat onion.  Add Carraway seed and heat until fragrant.  Add fresh Cranberries,
Orange Juice and Cider, and bring to the boil.  Reduce heat and simmer until berries pop.  Add
remaining spices and stir in whole cranberry sauce.  Simmer 20 minutes, remove from heat, and
chill until service.  Also good at room temp or even slightly warmed.

Simple, sweet *and* savory.

William de Grandfort

=====
She was freezer burn...... all else is only icing.