[Sca-cooks] Cooking Answers from a Stupid Poophead

Dianne & Greg Stucki goofy1 at suscom.net
Fri Nov 26 08:07:04 PST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sue Clemenger" <mooncat at in-tch.com>
To: "Wanda Pease" <wandap at hevanet.com>; "SCA Cooks' List"
<sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Friday, November 26, 2004 10:18 AM
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Cooking Answers from a Stupid Poophead

>> Thank you!  Thank You! Thank You!  I constantly get the "food snob",
>> Oooooh!
>> Green Bean Casserole and sweet potatoes with brown sugar and
>> mini-marshmallow!  How yucky!"  Personally they are two dishes besides
>> the
>> turkey that make it Thanksgiving for me.  They represent memories of good
>> times when there weren't a lot of good times, and people that are gone.

Don't we all have a particular food, without which the holiday seems
incomplete? For my and my sisters, it is cornbread stuffing with sausage,
just like our Mom used to make. Even when we were old enough to start
hosting the dinner ourselves, Mom had to bring the stuffing! Luckily for us,
one taste and it instantly became the required ingredient for each of our
husbands as well. The scent of that stuffing  brings back so many memories,
especially now that Mom is gone.  It's almost like Mom blessing our dinner.

Laurensa