[Sca-cooks] Special Dishes

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Fri Nov 26 10:20:38 PST 2004

Was written:

> Yes!  Grandma's blueberry orange whipped jello salad, German potato
> salad, and every pie she ever touched ... and she made one of each
> kind for holidays, including shooe fly pie.   :)

Sadly I don't remember any special holiday dishes related to my
grandparents.  Pops was in the Marines, and stationed in the south while all
the relatives, mom's parents and dad's set of two, his father and his step
mother and his mother and his step father all lived in Michigan.  That and
the fact that he could not take the cold due to having suffered moderate to
severe frostbite in the Korean War resulted in very few Christmases spent up
north.

Daniel