[Sca-cooks] Secret Life of Christmas

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 27 01:04:12 PST 2004

On 11/26/04 8:30 AM, "Johnna Holloway" <johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu> wrote:

> Moving along to December--
> the Food Network is running
> Secret Life of...Christmas tonight.
>
> The Secret Life of Christmas will take a look at the history of all
> things Christmas.
> When did Christmas become such a big holiday?
> What is the origin of the Christmas foods?
> Where did candy canes, fruitcakes and plum puddings come from? All this
> and more
> AIR TIMES:    November 26, 2004 10:00 PM ET/PT
> November 27, 2004 2:00 AM ET/PT <snip>
> Includes:  a     Medieval Feast
> Dr. Alice Ross and Hammond's Candies
>
> Johnnae

Also includes some b-roll footage of Selene [just hands, no interview]
making plum pudding and lebkuchen.  It re-airs in about 1 hour here, I may
stay up and watch.  For several months, I've been getting questions about
Medieval and other historical holiday practices - I want to see what they
did with it!

Selene